Battlefield Band - New Spring
1991 gave us a 'New Spring' and a new Battlefield Band line-up; their first album to feature a young John McCusker (fiddle, accordion, keyboards, cittern and whistle) and Iain MacDonald (Highland pipes, flute and whistle) joining the established pair of Alan Reid (vocals/keyboards) and Alistair Russell (vocals, guitar and cittern). This mixture of musical maturity and youth ensured Battlefield Band continued to lead the way for Scottish traditional music.
"Battlefield Band have a new line-up, a new sound ... and a new album which is certainly their best yet. No mean feat when you consider they've a dozen good ones behind them already"
EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS
"With other bands edging away from their Celtic roots its good to see the likes of Battlefield Band continuing to keep the faith with music that is both unique in presentation and yet which has an appeal to lovers of traditional music the world over"
EAST LOTHIAN COURIER
1. Inveraray Castle / Calum Beag / Lucy Cassidy
2. The Green And The Blue
3. Seann Bhriogais Aig Uilleam (Willie's Old Trousers) / Lady Margaret Stewart
4. Cearcall A Chuain (The Oceans Cycle) / The Kaimes Lassies / The Night We Had The Goats / Calum Fhionnlaigh (Calum Finlay)
5. Working Away / The Toastie Jig
6. The Prince Of Wales / Angst Agus Angus / Let There Be Drams
8. Miss Sarah MacManus / The Appropriate Dipstick / Cape Breton Fiddlers Welcome To Shetland
9. The Devil Uisge Beatha
10. The Golden Eagle / Oer The Moor To Maggie / The Highland Man Kissed His Grannie / Wissahickon Drive
11. Farewell To Ravenscraig / My Night Out With Big Iain
12. I Feel Like Going Home
13. Farewell My Love / Auchindoun / Tom Paines Strathspey / The Sands Of Loch Bee / The Handshaker / Cailleach An Dudain (The Old Woman of the Mill Dust)
Artists on this album:
Battlefield Band -
Label: Temple Records
Awarded a platinum disc for sales by the Scottish Music Industry Association.
Temple Records Catalogue Number:
CD - COMD 2045
Download - DD 2045
Vinyl - LP 2045
Produced by Robin Morton
Engineered by Moray Munro & Robin Morton