Alison Kinnaird - The Small Harp Tutor (Book & CD)
There can be little to replace the one-to-one relationship between teacher and pupil, but this hugely popular introductory tutor to the small harp, first published in 1989, is widely seen as the first and best beginners guide to the instrument, and is often supplied with newly built harps by several of the most renowned instrument makers.
The Small Harp Tutor was written by Alison Kinnaird MBE, one of the foremost exponents of traditional Scottish harp music, who has been researching the repertoire of the harp in Scotland for more than twenty-five years, recorded several critically acclaimed albums, written several books of harp music, and co-authored the first published history of the harp in Scotland.
This book includes
- an accompanying 60 minute tuition CD
- advice on buying and maintaining a clarsach
- a basic guide to musical notation
- lessons and exercises for two, three and four fingers
- advice on arranging music
- 40 tunes varying from elementary to advanced
- historical notes and information on the tunes
Temple Records Catalogue Number: BK 003
Free shipping in the UK for this book
£4 shipping supplement for non-UK shipping