Battlefield Band - Quiet Days
Released in 1992, this is the second Battlefield Band album to feature the strong line-up of Alan Reid, Alistair Russell, John McCusker & Iain MacDonald; following on the heels of their award winning 'New Spring', which received a platinum disc for sales by the Scottish Music Industry Association.
Recorded partly in Scotland and partly in St Louis, USA, 'Quiet Days' maintains the group's consistently high standards, and includes lots of original songs and tunes written by the band as well as some great traditional material.
"...done it again, another beaut of an album ... shows them at their brilliant best"
EDINBURGH EVENING NEWS
"Another fine album from the Battlefield Band but then again, I don't think I have ever heard a bad Battlefield Band album"
1. Captain Lachlan MacPhail Of Tiree / Peter MacKinnon Of Skeabost / The Blackberry Bush
2. The River
3. Dalnabreac / The Bishops Son / Miss Sharon McCusker
4. From Here To There / Jack Broke The Prison Door / Toss The Feathers / The Easy Club Reel
5. The St. Louis Stagger / The Ass In The Graveyard / Sandy's New Chanter
6. Captain Campbell / Stranger At The Gate / John Keith Laing
7. Hold Back The Tide
8. BLISTERED FINGERS: The Cumbernauld Perennials / The Keep Left Sign / Taking The Soup / Bonnie George Campbell / Mo Dhachaidh / The Loch Ness Monster
9. Curstaidh's Farewell
10. The Hoodie Craw
11. Col. MacLean Of Ardgour / Pipe Major Jimmy MacGregor / Rocking The Baby
12. How Will I Ever Be Simple Again? / Dawn Song
Artists on this album:
Label: Temple Records
Released in 1992/1993
Dedicated to the memory of Bruce Kaplan, founder and president of Flying Fish records.
Temple Records Catalogue Number:
CD - COMD 2050
Download - DD 2050
Produced by Robin Morton
Engineered by Moray Munro & Robin Morton