Seamus Tansey - Easter Snow
Seamus Tansey, from County Sligo, is recognised as one of Ireland's greatest flute players. An All-Ireland Champion at an early age, he is proud to walk in the footsteps of people from the past, such as Michael Coleman, Paddy Kiloran and Joe Dowd; a carrier of the living tradition.
Prior to Easter Snow's release in 1997, Seamus Tansey had not made a recording for many years and Robin Morton became determined to persuade Seamus into the studio. The result is a wonderful album of Irish traditional music by one of the masters. Seamus is joined here by guests Alison Kinnaird (harp), John McCusker (keyboards), Tony McManus (guitar) and Robin Morton (bodhran).
"Tansey is a master of the flute, with the feathery ease and steady breath control of the best players."
"The whole is a beautifully crafted collection by a flute player wizard. Strongly recommended."
"...such a sense of bright, sparkling lightness that it's hard to listen to him without smiling....a class and concentration that set him apart from the rest. This one is worth seeking out."
1. Josie McDermotts / Kitty Gone A Milking
2. Piper Anderson's Delight
3. John Brennan's Favourite / Ladd O'Beirnes Favourite
4. Easter Snow
5. Mick Flatley's Delight / Ed Reavey's Favourite
6. Dillon's Favourite / The Bag O'Spuds
7. Tribute To Peggy McGrath / John McKenna's Jig
8. Dunphy's Hornpipe / Sean Ryan's Favourite
9. The May Morning Dew
10. Jimeen Gannon's Delight / Dowds No. 9
11. The Lament For The Death Of Staker Wallace
12. The Maid In The Cherry Tree / Farewell To Ireland
13. Famine Requiem (The Battering Ram / Tatter Jack Welch)
14. Ah Surely / Maud Miller
15. Seannie Davey's Reel Alfie Joe Denning's Reel
Artists on this album:
Alison Kinnaird (wire strung harp)
John McCusker (keyboards and cittern)
Tony McManus (guitar)
Robin Morton (bodhran)
Label: Temple Records
Temple Records Catalogue Number: COMD 2063
Recorded and Produced by Robin Morton