Heritage - Tell Tae Me
This was the final album from Heritage, the excellent and long-running folk group from the Kingdom of Fife in Scotland. The sound of the band was rooted in Scotlands rich musical tradition but never ceased to carry an air of invigorating freshness.
The group featured some highly respected musicians over the years, including Jack Beck; one of Scotland's finest traditional ballad singers.The seven piece who recorded this work played a wide variety of instruments - guitar, fiddle, banjo, tambourine, autoharp, mandolin, synthesiser, whistles, flute, musette, Jews harp, Scottish smallpipes, hammered dulcimer and bombarde.
"... an album that succeeds in its lack of pretence as much as it does with its dexterity and forthright delivery."
JOHN O REGAN
"There is a real honesty in the playing, and the arrangements are tight and precise without ever creating any musical excess"
JOHN O REGAN
"...a strong candidate for my Album of the Year"
1. The Acrobat / The Echo
2. April Waltz / Ookpik Waltz
3. Calum Crubach / Sandy MacIntyre's Trip To Boston / The Kings Reel
4. Bonny Glenshee
5. The Duke Of Fifes Welcome To Deeside / Campbells Farewell To Redcastle
6. Jig O Connor / Carolan's Draught / Planxty Mrs. O'Connor
7. Scotticha De La Montanha Negra / Scottische A Servant / Scottische L'Italienne
8. Valse De Vertoujit / Valse A Bargoin
9. Bonny Udny
10. The Apple Tree / John Keith Laing / Bill Powrie
11. Fornethy House
12. Tell Tae Me
13. Calabrian Pastorale
Artists on this album:
Jack Beck (vocals, guitar)
Pete Clark (fiddle, tambourine)
George Haig (autoharp, banjo)
Alan Macdonald (mandolin)
Alistair Marshall (flute, whistle, musette, bombarde)
Lindsay Porteous (Jew's harp, percussion)
Mike Ward (synth, whistle, scottish smallpipes, hammered dulcimer)
Dominique Lalaurie (guesting on melodeon)
Label: Temple Records
Released in 1993
Temple Records Catalogue Number:
CD - COMD 2051
Download - DD 2051
Produced by Robin Morton