Iain MacFadyen - Ceol Mor Ceol Beag
Iain MacFadyen comes from a famous family of pipers which hailed originally from Bunessan in Mull, though Iain himself was born in Glasgow. He took up the pipes at an early age, receiving advanced tuition from the late Roderick MacDonald - a fine teacher as well as one of the leading interpreters of piobaireachd music of the last generation. His influences can be detected in Iain's relaxed and thoughtful approach to piobaireachd. His record as one of the leading competitors of his day is unrivalled.
"the light music selections demonstrate beautifully the players technical ability and musical expression and makes this LP a highly satisfying package for all lovers of the great Highland bagpipe"
1. The Old Men Of The Shells
2. Glengarrys Lament
3. Major General Frank Richardson / Willie MacRae of Ullapool
4. Braigh Loch Iall / The Irish Washerwoman
5. Southall / Inveraray Castle / Bessie MacIntyre
6. Mary MacPherson of Kyle / Myles MacDonalds Welcome To Skye
7. Leaving Ireland / Flora Cameron / Eleanor Hannah
8. Mrs John MacColl / Leaving Lunga
Artists on this album:
First released in 1985 . Re-issued on CD in 1996
Temple Records Catalogue Number: COMD 2018
Produced by Robin Morton