Battlefield Band - Battlefield Band
- Sorry - this release is no longer available from Temple Records.
This eponymous album from the great Scottish group was originally released on the Topic Records label in 1977. It features the early line-up of Alan Reid, Brian McNeill, Jamie McMenemy and John Gahagan.
With a combination of fine musicians, hard work and good music, Battlefield Band have gone from strength to strength and continue to tour the world, playing to an ever widening audience. As a team, along with producer Robin Morton, they have made a huge number of critically acclaimed albums, but this was the release which made people first pay attention to the band and, even today, it sounds as fresh as when it was recorded in 1976.
"... the band have always been at the forefront of presenting Scottish music in a fresh and modern context and it's to their credit that these early recordings haven't dated like their South-of-the-border contemporaries"
1. Silver Spear / The Humours of Tulla
2. The Shipyard Apprentice
3. Crossing the Minch / Minnie Hynd / The Glasgow Gaelic Club
4. The Brisk Young Lad
5. Birnie Bouzle
6. Compliments of the Band
7. Bonnie Jean / Paddy Fahey's Reel / Joseph's Fancy / The Hag's Reel
8. It Was All For Our Rightful King
9. The Inverness Gathering / Marquis of Huntly's Strathspey / John McNeil's Reel
10. Miss Margaret Brown's Favourite / Deserts of Tulloch
11. The Cruel Brother
Artists on this release:
Label: Temple Records
CD re-issue on Temple: 1994
Originally released on Topic Records in 1977
Produced by Robin Morton
Temple Records Catalogue Number:
CD - COMD 2055
Download - DD 2055