Alison Kinnaird - The Scottish Harp
Released in 1988, 'The Scottish Harp' is a compilation of recordings featuring Alison Kinnaird, widely recognised as one of the foremost exponents of traditional Scottish harp music. The album is composed of tracks taken from Alison's previous three releases ('The Harp Key', 'The Harpers's Gallery' & 'The Harpers Land') plus three extra tracks.
Alison Kinnaird's records were the first to bring attention to the repertoire of the Scottish harp and to give the instrument a solo rather than an accompanying role. She continues to stress the importance of playing 'harp tunes' rather than simply playing tunes on a harp. A must for all those interested in the harp and for those looking for music that has charm and beauty.
"A joy to listen to"
1. Rory Dalls Port
2. Grantown-on-Spey(Baile Nan Granndach)
3. Bas Alastruim(The Death of Alasdair) / McAllistruims March
4. Ellens Dreams
5. Carrills Lament
6. The Keiking Glasse
7. The Braidwood Waits
8. The Kid On The Mountain
9. McLouds Salute
10. Cumh Easbig Earraghaal (The Bishop of Argyles Lament)
11. Port Atholl
12. Cro Cinn t-Saile / The Kilbarchan Weaver
13. The Conundrum
14. Lady Livingstone / Dunkeld Steeple
15. Balfour Village / Shapinsay Polka
16. Ring of Crystal, Ring of Stone
Artists on this album:
Released in 1988
Temple Records Catalogue Number: COMD 2005
Produced by Robin Morton